Operation Bill Assist
To ease the pain of higher energy bills caused largely by persistent high natural gas prices, Entergy Mississippi is implementing a series of measures to help our residential customers and communities. Operation Bill Assist commits $3.2 million in shareholder donations for bill payment assistance and energy efficiency programs, including:
- Funding a nearly $1.1 million temporary bill assistance program for moderate-income customers who struggle to pay utility bills, but do not qualify for federal bill assistance programs. A one-time $150 bill credit will be available for qualifying customers on a first-come, first-served basis. Details on how to apply are below.
- Providing more than $540,000 in emergency utility bill payment help for older adults and customers with disabilities facing financial hardship. Qualifying customers may be eligible for up to $1,000 for one or more months. These funds also provide agencies with administrative fees to cover added expenses associated with an increased volume of requests for help.
- Making free $35 energy efficiency kits available to customers. Customers can get these money-saving kits at community events this fall or can request them online at https://msentergysolutions-marketplace.com/. Available to all customers, these kits can potentially save customers $5 per month or $60 annually. Combined with Entergy’s other available tools, customers can save as much as $300 annually.
- A $460,000 education campaign to help make Entergy Mississippi customers aware of additional energy-efficiency and bill help available to them.
Information on how to apply to receive the $150 credit
Beginning at 9 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19, qualifying customers will be able to apply online at entergybillhelp.com for a one-time $150 credit on their utility bill. The funds are available on a first-come, first-served basis. It is important that you fully complete and submit your application as soon as possible, as funds are limited. Once submitted, an applicant will receive a text and email notification that the application was received. Once the application is reviewed, applicants will receive another text and email notification about the status of the request. Most applications will be reviewed and determined in about 30 days.
The following documentation will be required to apply for the one-time credit:
- Photo ID (driver’s license or state-issued ID, passport)
- One of the following income options for each income earner age 18 or older:
- First page of 2021 tax return(s)
- 2021 Form W-2(s)
- Last paystub(s)
- Social Security Administration 1099 or 1042S form(s) or benefit determination letters
- To qualify, customers must have a total household income of up to 250% of the federal poverty level, as listed in the chart below. Eligibility requirements by household size and income:
250% FPIG Annual Income
The most up-to-date information on bill assistance will be posted on this page as it becomes available.
Additional efforts to help customers manage high bills and prepare for the continued impact of high natural gas prices include:
- A one-time $80 bill credit on September bills or a check instead, if customers opted in by Aug. 17. The credit is the result of a recent settlement agreement with the Mississippi Public Service Commission.
- Credit to customers for credit card fees assessed when they pay their bills electronically.
- Energy efficiency and weatherization events in select neighborhoods conducted by employee volunteers.
Qualifying customers who need a few extra days to pay their bill can request an extension using one of the options below.
- Call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) and follow our automated response system billing and payment menu.
- Request an extension through myEntergy.
Level Billing averages your monthly Entergy bill over a rolling twelve-month period, so your bill is around the same amount each month. Choose one of the options below to enroll.
- Enroll in Level Billing through myEntergy.
- Call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) to speak with an agent about the program.
Reconnect Fee Quote
We can let you know exactly how much it will cost to reconnect residential service. Call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749).
Entergy customers start using electricity before paying for it, therefore customers requesting new service may be required to make a security deposit.
Bill Payment Assistance
When your income won’t stretch any further, help is available. See below for programs available to assist with your energy costs.
The Power to Care
No one should have to choose between food or medicine and electricity. But sadly, many of our elderly and disabled neighbors living on low or fixed incomes face these choices every day.
Through Entergy's The Power to Care program, local nonprofit agencies are able to provide emergency bill payment assistance to seniors and disabled individuals.
Click here for a list of Power to Care agencies for Mississippi.
The LIHEAP Program
LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) is a program that provides money to help individuals with energy bills and other energy-related expenses. LIHEAP is funded through the federal government and works with community action agencies to qualify customers and distribute the funds. For information on how to apply, click here. For a list of LIHEAP agencies, click here.
Emergency Rental Assistance Program
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program makes available $46.5 billion to assist households that are unable to pay rent and utilities due to COVID-19.
Eligible households may receive up to 12 months of rent and/or utility assistance, plus an additional three months if more time is needed to ensure housing stability and funds are available. An additional three months of assistance will be available to the most vulnerable households at risk of losing housing (up to 18 months maximum), while funds are available.
An eligible household is defined as a renter household in which at least one or more individuals qualifies for unemployment or has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19; demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability; and has a household income at or below 80% area median income.
An application for rental assistance may be submitted by either an eligible household or by a landlord on behalf of that eligible household. Funds will be paid directly to landlords and utility service providers.
For more information and to submit an application, visit ms-ramp.com or call 1-888-725-0063
Homeowners Assistance Fund
The Homeowners Assistance Fund makes available $9.961 billion for states to provide relief for our country’s most vulnerable homeowners. The purpose of the program is to prevent mortgage delinquencies and defaults, foreclosures, loss of utilities or home energy services, and displacement of homeowners experiencing financial hardship after January 21, 2020.
An eligible household is defined as a mortgage holder household in which at least one or more individuals has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced a financial hardship after January 21, 2020; has fallen behind on one or more mortgage loan, property tax, property insurance and/or HOA/condo association payments; and has a household income at or below 100% of the area median or 100% of the median income for the United States ($79,900), whichever is greater. Income thresholds can be found here.
An application for homeowners’ assistance may be submitted by eligible households, and funds will be paid directly to mortgage servicers, property charge payees and utility service providers as applicable.
Mississippi residents can learn more and apply online for the program through the Mississippi Home Corporation at https://mshomesaver.com/.
Other Helpful Programs
Free Tax Preparation
Entergy works alongside community partners to promote the Internal Revenue Service’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program. Our IRS-certified volunteers will help make sure you get the full refund you deserve. To find a free tax preparation site near you, visit eitclocations.com.
Weatherization Assistance Program
This federally-funded program administered through community action agencies primarily focuses on helping elderly, disabled and low-income Mississippians make their homes more energy efficient. After an energy audit of a qualified resident's home, the program will pay for installation of the most cost-effective energy efficiency measures. For additional information, call 1-800-421-0762 or get in touch with your local community action agency.
Certified Medical Emergency
This program allows for electric service to be continued for up to thirty days for any qualifying customer whose disconnection would cause a medical emergency. To qualify for this benefit, the customer must provide a medical certificate from a physician. Call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) to request a form for your doctor to fill out to be returned to Entergy.
Get connected. Get answers on available social services.
- In Mississippi, call 2-1-1 for information about services available in your area.
- United Way of the Capital Area: www.myunitedway.com
- Mississippi Department of Human Services: http://www.mdhs.state.ms.us
Local Chapters of Salvation Army
In need of help? The Salvation Army has local chapters in the state. Please visit a specific chapter listed below or visit salvationarmysouth.org to find the nearest chapter near you.